Increase Our Faith
Our challenge today is that each of us would pray and ask God to INCREASE OUR FAITH. Why would we suggest this simple prayer? Because the Word of God clearly states MANY benefits of having FAITH. Hebrews 10:38 states, "Now the just shall live by faith; but if anyone draws back, my soul has no pleasure in him."
In Hebrews 11, God teaches us what FAITH did for many men/women in the Bible. Let's take a look at some...
* FAITH causes us to offer acceptable sacrifices. (Abel)
* FAITH causes us to move with godly fear. (Noah)
* FAITH causes obedience. (Abraham)
* FAITH causes increased strength. (Sarah)
* FAITH helps us to be unafraid. (Moses' parents)
* FAITH gives us the ability to say no to the passing pleasures of sin. (Moses)
* FAITH gives us endurance. (Moses)
* FAITH causes miracles. (Moses)
* FAITH causes works of righteousness. (David and others)
* FAITH causes obtained promises. (David)
* FAITH gives us protection. (David)
* FAITH gives us a good testimony. (All of the above and MORE)
Remember also verse 6 in the same chapter which states, "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."
If all the above is what we get from having faith, then I believe we all should desire MORE faith. Ask the Lord now to increase your faith. Ask Him daily to increase your faith. For if we do, we will become holy and we will please our Father in heaven.